Migration and Cross Boarder Equity
Evaluation of Refugee Evaluation Support (RES) Initiatives
Victoria State Government: Department of Education and Training (DET)
In partnership with Lirata Consulting, Evaluate effectiveness of RES initiatives between 2016-2021.
Summative, Participatory, Culturally Responsive, Mixed Methods Multi-level Evaluation.In addition to contributing to the development of the evaluation plan and framework (with an equity lens), we are also assisting with:
- training interpreters to interview families and youth and
- providing advice and guidance to the Project Team during the evaluation regarding culturally responsive and equity evaluation design, data collection, and analysis.
The Department of Education and Training funds a suite of programs comprising the Refugee Education Support Initiatives (RESI). These programs aim to build the capacity of schools and early childhood services to support educational engagement, achievement and wellbeing outcomes amongst children from refugee backgrounds and their families. DET requires an independent summative evaluation of the RES initiatives between 2016-2021.
Lirata, as the project lead, is working with advice from the Centre for Multicultural Program Evaluation using participatory, collaborative and culturally responsive approaches with program partners and key stakeholders.
To complement Lirata’s approach, CMPE is offering technical advice to apply CRE principles including but not limited to:
- Understanding and recognising the larger socio-historic and political context of RESI to inform equitable design
- Allowing for self-determination of children and young people, their families and staff from diverse backgrounds involved in the program.
- Advising how people from refugee backgrounds are engaged, the type of data collected and analysis using an equity lens so that the DET can more deeply learn about what has worked and not worked so well for students and families, when it comes to issues of equity and access.
Investment Logic Map (ILM):
A structured facilitation process that identifies the cause and effect of key issues and allows a stakeholder driven solution.
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the Lands on which we work and live and pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and future.
Animal illustrations: © Pamela Conder. ABN 84627397442 - ACN 627397442 © 2022
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Who We Are
What we are about
About our Values
About the Animals
Why the Logo
Partners and Collaborators
What we do