Racial Equity and Social Justice
CALD Community Leadership in Action
Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC)
Co-design Civic Participation and Community Engagement Leadership training content and evaluate outcomes, in collaboration with the Sir Zelman Cowan Centre and the Social Research Centre.
Rapid evaluation using Kirkpatrick’s four levels of training framework, equity and culturally responsive principles and approaches. The evaluation will evaluate and measure the:
- Effect the leadership program had on participants’ knowledge, skills (including confidence) and understanding of civic and community engagement – pre and post leadership program.
- Further effects and overall outcome on civic participation and community engagement.
- Co-design approach to design leadership program content.
The program seeks to:
- Strengthen capability of multicultural and multifaith organisations and community leaders in civic engagement and community engagement
- Facilitate the emergence of young and new CALD leaders to support succession planning in community organisations
- Facilitate community leadership in new and emerging multicultural communities
- Develop stronger cross-cultural and faith connections among leaders
- Provide evidence base of successful application of a genuine co-design approach with program advisory committee members and how this can be nuanced for applicability in future government projects.
Program Goal and Objectives
Multicultural and multifaith communities need support to build to build their civic participation, community engagement, networking opportunities, contacts, and potential for collaborative partnerships for projects across communities, and within communities. It aims to:
- lead to better outcomes and opportunities for communities when responding to crisis situations, including COVID-19 response and recovery, and
- improve community leaders understanding of how to better navigate and collaborate with government for culturally responsive programs and policies, social cohesion andanti-racism initiatives.
Investment Logic Map (ILM):
A structured facilitation process that identifies the cause and effect of key issues and allows a stakeholder driven solution.
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the Lands on which we work and live and pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and future.
Animal illustrations: © Pamela Conder. ABN 84627397442 - ACN 627397442 © 2022
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Who We Are
What we are about
About our Values
About the Animals
Why the Logo
Partners and Collaborators
What we do