We will be offering online and face to face workshops in participatory evaluation, mixed methods social inquiry, culturally responsive evaluation and social policy development, led by some of the best in the business.
Some of our face-to-face workshops will take you out of your offices and into community where you will work on real projects to build your skills in culturally responsive evaluation. These workshops also aim to support multicultural community groups to design projects and build their skills in monitoring and evaluation, in the spirit of reciprocity.
In addition, we offer increasingly popular internal evaluator capacity-building workshops. This approach has the following advantages:
- internal evaluators are familiar with the organisation’s culture, aims and objectives
- internal staff tend to be more willing to speak to insiders than to outsiders
- findings and criticisms from internal evaluators are more easily accepted
- internal evaluation usually costs less than an external evaluator.
As external evaluators, we offer services that compliment work led by evaluation consultants working in mainstream policy and program development and delivery. This approach has the following advantages:
- external evaluations are more objective, bringing distance from the work
- external evaluators have a wide range of evaluation skills and experience
- internal staff may be more willing to speak to outsiders than to insiders
- external evaluators provide greater credibility to findings, particularly positive ones.
Whichever way the market moves, we can build your organisation’s ability to produce more culturally responsive evaluations.